Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Do's and Don'ts of Air Travel Continued...

6. Don't scream into your bluetooth, cell phone, headset, or whatever your communication device may be as you are walking into the jetway or plane. I always hear the same conversations (I'll use CAPS to emphasize volume)..."HEY. YEAH. CAN YOU HEAR ME? YEAH I'M GETTING ON THE PLANE NOW. YEAH WE SHOULD BE ON TIME. YEAH. YEAH. I'LL CALL YOU WHEN WE GET THERE. YEAH THEY'RE MAKING ME TURN OFF MY CELL PHONE NOW. OK BYE. SEE YOU IN 2 HOURS. I'LL CALL YOU WHEN I LAND. MEET ME AT BAGGAGE CLAIM." Now does the entire plane really need or want to hear you have that conversaton? I think not. What a dumbass. No shit you're on a plane. What else do you think this is, a horse and buggy? If you have that conversation in a normal voice thats perfectly acceptable and reasonable but don't think that because you're in an airplane that you have to speak 49598373 decibels louder.

I promise I really do love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment